A client asked me the other day how to make a lasting impression on the people she meets. And it all comes down to you can only make a lasting impression if you succeed at making a good or great first impression.
People do business with people they know, like, and trust. It also helps if they can REMEMBER who you are! So many folks talk about “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know” AND I say it’s not even that. It really is about “who knows and remembers YOU”.
So, how DO you go about making that lasting impression?
Well, first off, you’ll want to make sure that the FIRST impression that you make is a good one. How do you do that? Here are some tips:
- Be prepared
- Have your networking tools with you at all times (like your business cards and a pen)
- Pay close attention to your appearance – you are a walking billboard for your business
- Arrive Early
- Be upbeat – leave your troubles far behind
- Be a connector
- Listen more than you talk
- Look for ways to help others more than looking for ways to help yourself
- Give without keeping score
Attention paid to these tips will help you to make an excellent first impression!