Follow up frequently to remain familiar with your contacts. Now, I am not suggesting that you follow up with everyone on a frequent basis. However, there are usually 5 to 10 people who are key activators, advocates, and accelerators for your success and these people need to hear from you on a regular basis so that you stay familiar with and to them.
How do you accomplish this? Well you can begin by putting their names into your calendar management system on a scheduled pattern for regular small touches. You can do this in Gmail, Outlook, or whichever system you are currently using to keep track of your contacts.
What’s a touch?
- A phone call
- An email
- A hand written note
- A greeting card sent for no apparent reason other than to just say hello
- A clipping from a magazine that reminded you of something that is important to them
- An invitation to lunch, a concert, a movie, or a presentation by a interesting speaker
- An invitation to a walk and talk
- A donation to an important charity on their behalf
- Your creativity can go to work here ….
So what is a touch for you? Let me know the ways in which you keep in contact on a frequent basis with your important contacts.